Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crunchie Time

While I want to avoid the whole "crunch" work ethic in general, and hopefully have us leisurely completing the milestone by this Friday, it always seems to me like there is always something more to be done, or some extra polish that could be added, or one extra bug to fix.

So, we are going to have to work intentionally and stay focused over the next 3 days to get to where we need to be. With approximately 200 outstanding items, with 10 programmers over 2 days, that's 10 items a day per programmer we need to complete to be finished by Thursday night, leaving us Friday to polish up the submission. It probably won't work exactly like that, but it gives a rough idea of whats ahead of us. Some of the items are minor bug fixes while others are balancing gameplay and testing that all the components are as bug free as possible.

While it is fairly intense, I can't really complain. I love making games! Even though we are in what I would call a pressure cooker situation, I wouldn't have it any other way. I've learnt more about programming and also learnt things about myself and what I'm capable of (overcoming fear of giving presentations for example) that I wouldnt have otherwise had I not participated in this course.

Bring it on!
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment