Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More collisions

Looks like I've spent a lot of time on the collision checks, and other mathematical functions. One of the problems was that player now has momentum, which means that the way that he moves is drastically different than the previous method. Now I've got to re-work the collisions to take this new data into account.

In other news, I've enabled alpha blending into the renderer. I haven't been able to test this though because nothing is using a draw function that utilities alpha blending yet. I guess it's just another thing to add to our list.

I also got to play around with priority queues today, boy was that a learning experience. Here's the important lesson to learn with priority queues: When trying to debug them in the watch window, the elements may not be ordered correctly, but they will be when you pop them off. Go Science!

No comments:

Post a Comment