Monday, November 17, 2008

Time to Dual

Over the past couple of days, I've had to joy of getting the game to work on multiple monitors. At the beginning I thought that this task would be fairly straight forward ... boy was I wrong. The initial problem with using multiple monitors is that each monitor requires its own Direct3D device. Every asset in the game needs to be loaded into the device, so what this means is that we need to create each asset on both devices.

I've established a system that sets up everything on both devices, but today I ran into another problem: window focus. The fastest rendering method is to render the game in fullscreen, however DirectX doesn't like having two windows running at fullscreen. The solution is have one window running at fullscreen and the other window taking up the width and height of the window and display without a boarder. It just comes down to smoke and mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment